Wednesday, September 11, 2013

All About Jesus

The more I study, the more I read, the more I learn and grow, the more I realize...

It's all about Jesus. He's the love of life.


He divides us from the way of the world and unites us through grace.
He created in the beginning and will destroy in the end.
He split time between what was and what will be.

In light of that, I've been looking over some of my past articles on Jesus and want to share them with you.


How to Not Stink
I was riding in the car with my husband when the song “Come, Now is the Time to Worship” played on the radio. The song says someday every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord and every knee will bow before Him - based on Romans 14:11. As I contemplated the lyrics, I said, “That stinks. That would just stink.” After he looked at me questioningly, I continued... (Read more).




She is a... a... Sinner!
There are three kinds of people in this world... (Read more).







Having Loved His Own
Many, if not all, of us can look back at an event in our lives and realize it was the last time we did something significant. Often those thoughts are accompanied by wishes of things we could still say to that person or do in that place... (Read more).




Who are we? Who is He?
I am. You are. She is. We are. They are. The verb “to be” is the most basic sentence structure; it's one of the first things you learn in a foreign language class. It is also one of the most complex names of God... (Read more).








We've Got Troubles
I stumbled across something that troubled me in John 13. In verse 21, I came across the phrase, “Jesus was troubled in spirit…” Jesus was troubled? He is the Rock. He is the Alpha and Omega. What could trouble Him? (Read more.)






Shoutin' at Jesus
A lot of shouting is going on in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. All that shoutin' boils down to four basic messages... (Read more).





Do You See the Miracle?
The birth of a child is a miraculous, life-changing event. At the same time, births happen every day, all over the world. They have since the beginning of time. One birth, however, was miraculous on a scale that the world had never seen before and hasn’t seen since. (Read more.)



A Divine Appointment
Jesus was leaving Judea and going back to Galilee but the region of Samaria was between His place of origin and His destination. It might seem logical that He had to go through Samaria. However, I can think of three reasons why it was odd that He had to go through Samaria... (Read more.)



That Name
Believers can do great things in the name of Jesus... (Read more).










The Tomb isn't Finished...Yet
I spent some time thinking about the experience of visiting the Garden Tomb; I struggled to come up with some words for it.  While doing this, I had a new insight into the Garden Tomb that I am so excited to share with you! (Read more.)

My Bridegroom Cometh...Home from Africa
The preparations to have both the house and myself look nice combined with the text of his impending arrival reminded me of another Bridegroom who will return soon... (Read more).




The Word of God
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God” (John 1:1). So, “in the beginning,” when “God created the heavens and the earth,” the Word was with God and was God. The fullness of the Word of God already existed at the creation of the universe. Mind-blowing. (Read more.)


I hope you've enjoyed this focus on Jesus. May He also be your love, your joy, your reason to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment