Thursday, December 16, 2010

Do You See the Miracle?


The birth of a child is a miraculous, life-changing event. At the same time, births happen every day, all over the world. They have since the beginning of time.

One birth, however, was miraculous on a scale that the world had never seen before and hasn’t seen since. Although many miracles surrounded the birth of Jesus, this verse from Isaiah points to an aspect of His birth that is unique to Him alone.

A child is born. 

In Hebrew, child is yeled which means “child, son, boy, offspring, youth.” Yeled is derived from the word yalad which also happens to be the verb translated “is born” in this verse. Yalad means “to bear, bring forth, beget, gender, travail.” This word can be used not only to bear or bring forth a child but also to bring forth distress, wickedness, or iniquity. Jesus was not born in iniquity, but for every other human born since Cain and Abel, when a child is born, although they look so sweet and innocent, they are sinful from birth.



Although sinless, Jesus was born fully human. He was born as a child. The child was born to us.


A Son is given.

A great miracle occurs in the next sentence of the verse. Do you see it? A Son is given. It doesn’t say a son is born. It says a Son is given. Whose son? The Son of God. As the Son of God, He is fully God and fully one with God the Father.


“I and the Father are one” (John 10:30).
“Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father” (John 14:9).
“I am in the Father and the Father is in me” (John 14:11).
“He who hates me hates my Father as well” (John 15:23).
“All that belongs to the Father is mine” (John 16:15).

God the Father gave His Son to us. He did so to redeem us and enable us to spend eternity with Him in Heaven.

Jesus Christ - completely human and completely God. One of the greatest Christmas miracles.



Tweet: Sometimes God's miracles are epic and grand; sometimes they hide in the midst of a few short words. Read more at http://ctt.ec/nm25d+

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kathi, my name is Sandra. I read several blogs on religion and prayer and I've i feel like I've ended up here once before. I ran across this prayer exchange website and I haven't had the chance to ask my Church what their stance is on it.

    I'm a bit confused, I think that there are some benefits to a site like this but some Christians might find it questionable.

    The website is http://www.prayermarket.com/.

    If you're looking for a topic to blog about, I would be curious to hear your thoughts and know what your stance is on this type of prayer service.

    I have your blog in my feed reader so i'll check back, God bless
    Sandra J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra, Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I would encourage everyone to go to God directly and personally in prayer. It's free and it's simple.
    However, sometimes we need others to come alongside us and pray for us. I would encourage this through a local body of believers or through your family and friends. "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." (Matt. 18:20)
    If that's not available, www.klove.com has a prayer ministry that will lift you up in prayer without fees, tokens, or conditions.
    Matthew 21:13, "It is written," He said to them, "'My house will be called a house of prayer' but you are making it a 'den of robbers.'"

    ReplyDelete