Monday, September 13, 2010

How to Not Stink

I was riding in the car with my husband when the song “Come, Now is the Time to Worship” played on the radio. The song says someday every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord and every knee will bow before Him. The lyrics are based on Romans 14:11.



As I contemplated the lyrics, I said, “That stinks. That would just stink.” After my husband looked at me questioningly, I continued, “If every person will someday admit that Jesus is Lord, it would just stink to deny that now out of pride, arrogance, or stubbornness, only to admit it later when it is too late to reap the reward.”

John 13:3 says,

“Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under His power,
and that He had come from God and was returning to God…”

The Father put all things under Jesus power.

For those of us who know Him now, what should be our response to His all encompassing power and authority? Scripture tells us four responses that Jesus’ power and authority should elicit.


Receive His gift of eternal life.
John 17:2 –
“For you granted Him (Jesus) authority over all people
that He might give eternal life to all those you have given Him.”


Worship Him.
Daniel 7:13-14 –
“In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into His presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshipped Him.”


Tell the world.
Matthew 28:18-19 –
“Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”


Know Him.
Ephesians 1:18-21 –
“I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know…His incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of His mighty strength, which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given."


Have you received His gift of eternal life? It’s available for the asking to all who believe. If so, do you seek to know Him and worship Him? Do you share it with the world?

1 comment:

  1. Kathi, I loved the song and video. Anytime is the right time to worship,right? I enjoy your blog! Judy

    ReplyDelete