Wednesday, August 6, 2014

So Many Thoughts; One Common Message

I can’t decide what to write about this week. So many thoughts.

I want to write about…


…this article by Jefferson Bethke on the modesty of a woman’s attire. I loved it because it points out that modesty can become an idol – a self-righteous sign of holiness and piety. It can become a legalistic stumbling block just as can an immodest wardrobe.

…another article by Joel Rosenberg regarding the war in Israel. I loved it because it discussed God’s miraculous power to protect His covenant people today.

…my husband’s coming trip to Africa. He’ll be leading a team to install a solar panel system for a missionary family serving in a remote location.

…a recent conversation with a friend. She rejoiced in her ability to defeat the rules and regulations of a highly-religious / non-relational childhood.

… the book “Spirit Bridge” by James L. Rubart that I read recently. It’s the third in a trilogy that confronts the shackles of religion and embraces the possibilities of a life fully lived.


Why do I want to write about all these things?


They all have one thing in common – freedom in Christ.
  • Freedom to dress in a way that honors God.
  • Freedom to live peacefully in relationship with God.
  • Freedom to share and serve and love a people group who haven’t heard the truth.
  • Freedom to be who God created us to be in our lives and our relationships.
  • Freedom to fight an enemy who loathes our relationship with Christ.
I want to write about these things because these people are sharing the impact of spiritual freedom in their lives; an impact I have likewise felt. And I want you to know about it. 

I want you to experience a love relationship with a Savior Creator that exceeds anything you can possibly imagine. I want you to rest in His provision and plan as our world crumbles around us. I want you to experience the “coincidences” of a life lived trusting Him, even in the details. I want you to find the peace of a life lived out of love and honor, not rules and regulations.

I want those things for you. And I don’t know how else to share them with you than to continue to write – hoping you’ll read, hoping you’ll share, hoping you’ll consider, hoping you’ll experience freedom in Christ. And in case you do want to read - share - consider - experience, here's a link to every article I've written about what it means to Live Free


The Message of Christ


The Spirit of the Lord God is on Me, because the Lord has anointed Me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and freedom to the prisoners; to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor, and the day of our God’s vengeance; to comfort all who mourn, to provide for those who mourn in Zion; to give them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, festive oil instead of mourning, and splendid clothes instead of despair. And they will be called righteous trees, planted by the Lord to glorify Him.
Isaiah 61:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment